Nowadays, I refused watching TV Patrol. Aside from the news links, Facebook is so flooded with flaring opinions and angry emotions and really, I feel that watching the current events on TV is already too much for me to handle.
I think even without discussing the issues, my relatives are torn. I have a first cousin in the Phils. who is very expressive with her disgust towards the President's reaction (or non reaction). I understand where she is coming from because her brother is a young and promising member of the PNP, it's just but natural for her to worry about his future. But I have an uncle who happens to be her uncle too and he is a staunch supporter of the President. Good for the both of them because he lives in the US. Me? I am just a silent "reader" of their respective FB.
My silence doesn't mean I have no opinion. But I choose to read in order to have an in depth understanding of what had happened. Until now, there are still lots of unanswered "whats", "whys", "whos" and "hows" in my mind. Even the AFP and PNP are blaming each other. So giving an opinion at this point for me is risky. Yes, there is no right and wrong opinions, but I think there is such a thing as an empty opinion, one that is bereft of knowledge and logic.
I am not only careful with my words nowadays but also with my actions and nuances. Ever since we began living in a Muslim territory, I have always reminded myself and my children to be sensitive and respectful of the culture differences. With my husband now assigned to work in a war torn country, my prayers now is to help mankind attain peace around the world. Conflicts in the name of religion or ideologies may not be avoided but may all of these be resolved peacefully.
Back home, I am also favor of the ongoing Bangsamoro Development Plan. But of course we already know that because of what had happened its future in the Congress may now be uncertain. Despite that, still I am hoping for the best for our country.
Back home, I am also favor of the ongoing Bangsamoro Development Plan. But of course we already know that because of what had happened its future in the Congress may now be uncertain. Despite that, still I am hoping for the best for our country.
For now, my children and I are dedicating one mystery every night for the souls of the 44 heroes and their families. May their journey to the everlasting life be as smooth and peaceful. May their families have the grace of acceptance and courage to let go and move on. And may their bravery inspires everyone of us to live a meaningful life, in our own little way.
Now ko lang naalala di ba nasa Mindanao si Otek? nasa FB ko siya dati eh..
ReplyDeletehi Marlo. Nasa Caraga region sya. the last time I heard.
ReplyDelete