Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Breakfast and other things

I don't usually eat hotdog. There is only one brand that I like. It's Virginia. I bet you are not familiar with it but I like it because it is less salty that TJ. And I miss it badly. Oh Philippines!
But if there is one variety of hotdog that I also eat, it's the cheese franks. 


 I can have this with rice for three consecutive breakfast. Absolutely no diet.

Last night me and the kids tried baking this no bake cheesecake for our pre Valentine treat for ourselves. We ate three slices right after we said our rosary (after two hours in the fridge). It was yummy. But I told them next time we are going to try making the cheesecake from scratch. All of us prefer the firmer cheesecake layer. But this was good. :)


And speaking of Valentine, I got my present last week. By force. Lol!

It's a timepiece.



I have to correct myself. This is his Christmas gift to me for 2014 and beyond, his Valentine gift for 2015 onwards, his 14th to 50th Wedding Anniversary present, and his 42nd and onwards birthday present for me, and for all other occasions that I did not mention. 
Thank you very much.

My husband is never the sweet husband, like those roses and chocolate type of guy. But he makes up for it big time not only on material things. He is very patient, hardworking and a good role model for my children. He is not only kind to me but he also  extends his thoughtfulness to my family.



 my mother was with us during the holiday season.


Of course, we went through those big and small bumps of married life, like any other couple. But I guess now we have become familiar to each other's quirks and idiosyncrasies. I believe marriage takes forever to fine tune because it also takes our lifetime to fine tune our own attitude, temper and behavior. 

Looking back, I don't remember a grand Valentine's Day, like having a beautiful flower arrangement proudly displayed on your office desk, because I never had one. But I don't also remember a sad Valentine's day because I never had one also. And for that alone, I am already grateful.

At this point, I would like to wish everyone the warmest Valentine's Day. 

For those who don't have yet a significant other to celebrate it with, let's remember you have your dear self to love, it's also a time of the year  when you can also make  yourself happy. Love comes when you are ready. Remember, we have to love ourselves before we can love other people. You cannot give what you don't have. :)

God Bless everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment