Someone asked me about beauty tips. Whatever her reasons were I was sure it was never because I was beautiful but perhaps because I was known to be so consumed of how to be a "trying hard beautiful". Haha.
Well, I have to admit that I am conscious of how I look and I doubt if I am alone in this department.
But how did this "preoccupation" start?
Ten years ago (more or less), I was so bothered of my melasma. That time, I was not into foundation, concealer or any face powder. One morning, I woke up feeling dreadful because I had a bad dream with melasma almost covering my face. So the following weekend, I went to a skin clinic and I was given this line of skin products called Obagi.
(image from www.obagi.com)
I used it for almost three years, but I stopped because I got tired of the routine. But it did control my melasma. After that six months "hiatus", I shifted to a simpler routine by using olay regenerist. But when I began going to regular diamond peel sessions, I replaced my regenerist with Moroccan argan oil. I felt that when you are consistent with your DP, all you need is a good oil. Until one day, someone told me about this dermatologist in Alabang. From then on and up to this day, I am using her skincare products.
But, I am still on the look out for recommended beauty care tips by my favorite beauty icons, haha. You may want to visit their beauty column that comes out every Wednesday in the Lifestyle Section of the Philippine Star "Style S.O.S". One of the products that they mentioned a long time ago was Cure. This is a water based gel and it so easy and safe to use for exfoliating our face. It's not painful on my face and I can see dead skin being removed when I gently rub it on the surface.
(it's from Japan and it's available in Beauty Bar)
And now that I am already in my 40s, I felt that I need to use a more powerful and more concentrated moisturizer. I started using Estee Lauder since August (or July) of last year and I can see my pores shrinking down. Quite pricey but it's matipid gamitin. Pea size on each side of the face and your
T zones and that's enough.
This April 1 is our one year anniversary of moving to Dubai. And it's also been one year since I went to a skin clinic in the Philippines. And I am definitely getting by. I also do my own nails in the comforts of my home and the only time I had my haircut was in the Philippines when we were there in October last year. I got myself a side bangs. And that's it. I have no plans of paying for those services here in Dubai. It's expensive!
Hope you get something here. Don't forget also to put DIY masks at least once a week. That is if you are lazy to go to a dermclinic. It's basically the same for me.
Remember, whatever products you are using, whether it's cheap or it's the high end ones, the secret to achieving optimum results is consistency. Do it for 11 days (and nights) without fail and it will become your habit.
:) Stay beautiful. Choose happiness.



No comments:
Post a Comment