Sunday, March 22, 2015

Anong Trip Mo Ngayon?

Today is Sunday and while everyone else around the world is still savoring the relaxing Sunday we in the Middle East are already on the go. It's the start of the long week stretching until Thursday.  While my kabayans here are probably all dressed up and beautifully made up for work, I am again so alone in the house- with ruffled hair and still in my pyjamas - all set for a serious cleaning after a messy weekend.
But wait, I had a craving, cravings pala. I want banana with peanut butter. I want to eat chicken macaroni. 
And I want that bun, yes that bun.


This is our weekend treat. Everyone in the family loves their buns, just the plain one.
Comfort food, yeah.

Last night, I told my husband I want to eat banana with peanut butter. He said, "Anu un?" But I had to stop myself. Calories!!! So today, I gave in. Or else the whole week is going to be a disaster. haha.

DOLE bananas from Philippines! Wala ng sasarap pa sa saging mula sa Pilipinas.

While I was cooking our breakfast, I suddenly thought of making chicken macaroni. I checked the fridge and saw I had an extra chicken breast, cheddar, mayonnaise and carrot. When I finally had the time to cook my macaroni, I discovered that I didn't have carrots. What I saw this morning was actually pepper not carrots! Ouch.

So I said "don't lose hope". Kaya natin yan.

Anyway, the next step was to choose which type of macaroni would I use.
The tricolor or the plain one? I chose the simple one.
So here are the ingredients minus the carrots and the raisins (Yes! I don't have raisins either hmp)


Lesson of the day: Plan your cravings! :)
Pero sa awa ng Diyos eh natapos ko rin naman.
Here is the finish product , ready for an hour of cooling inside the ref.


I sprinkled some dried parsley. wala lang.

What's the verdict? I had second serving when I ate it for my lunch. baka gutom lang. :) 
It's better if I put two cans of pineapple tidbits, but I only had one in my cupboard. Of course, it would be aesthetically palatable if it has carrots. But nevertheless,  it had satisfied my cravings. I just don't know if my employers later on will give me a passing mark. Baka NI. heehee.

Hoping you had a great great weekend with your loved ones. Have a stress free week everybody!


No comments:

Post a Comment