When my mother went to visit us for the holidays last year she kept on telling me that I was fortunate to have the kind of life that I have. I agree with her that this has been what I had always wanted--- to be with my children full time. But I also warned her not to make any conclusion about my life being a bed of roses all the time. Yes, I don't think of our finances anymore. Yes, my husband buys my whims.Yes, we can eat anywhere. We can go on vacation, etc etc. The list may go on and on if I want to. But I told her that it is not how easy as she sees it.
You see, when everyone has left I am all alone in this house. Back in Laguna, being alone means I can go and chat with my neighbors while I walked my dog around the village. I also did all the chores back home but if I wanted to relax it was easy to drive myself to Paseo de Sta.Rosa for a soothing thai massage or if I wanted a quiet me time I could head straight to Nuvali for my coffee fix in French Baker. Here, I have a lot of me time but mostly it's all within the four corners of my house.
No, I am not complaining, just stating how life can be full of compromises sometimes. Actually, my husband has been telling me many times already to enroll in driving and culinary, I just couldn't find the motivation and the enthusiasm to do so. It's just so different from home. Oh well, let us see in the coming days.
Anyway, as soon as I am done with this, I will be on my chores. And it's true, cleaning this house everyday is tiring. In the beginning,we wanted to get a maid. But I decided to put if off for now. I can still manage and I am still sane.
So what eats my time? Most of it are in the chores. To give you an idea how I begin, take a look:
Every morning, this is how DJ's bed looks like. Actually, this is how the boys' room looks like after dressing up for school.
It's so different from the girl's.
When she wakes up, she makes her bed.
DJ's study table
as against Anjo's
Look at the boys' toilet
and look at hers
That's why I am thankful I have a daughter. If I all of them were boys, how can I manage? :(
This house has 4 bathrooms (including the maid's which I use for storing and washing my cleaning materials) and one powder room which my kids also use as their toilet. Ouch!
And who can stand a dirty CR? And so that's what I do everyday. Scrub, disinfect and deodorize. OMG. And this is just the toilets my dears.
And who can stand a dirty CR? And so that's what I do everyday. Scrub, disinfect and deodorize. OMG. And this is just the toilets my dears.
And that reminds me --- I need to go now. Inday duties!







No comments:
Post a Comment