It's our third of our annual family vacation.
Our first was in 2012 in Palawan, nothing beats the first I guess. Every place we went in that beautiful city of Puerto Princesa was worth every penny we spent. Definitely we will go back to Palawan one summer day and I am already dreaming about Lagen Island in El Nido. But you may ask me, why did it take us very long to start going on "family vacation"?
For several considerations:
1. Budget. Although I have been advised by a senior officemate that it is good for our growing children to have travel memories with the parents early in their lives, we still opted to wait for the right time. We couldn't afford to be in bad debt just so we could have our "enjoyable time" in a paradise.
2. Bonding with relatives. Vacation before means either in Mindoro or Bataan and it was fun no less. My kids are used to riding the comfortable and clean super cat but they also knew how to spend their time in a 3 hour sea travel in a stinky, crowded RoRo. Likewise, my children developed good memories with their immediate cousins; they knew how to kiss the hands of elders; they can sleep comfortably on the floor with just a mat as their mattress and without A/C.
3. Their age. Traveling with toddlers is a major major production. Mothers can very well relate with me.
Our second vacay was last year in the city of Pines - Baguio. It was absolutely memorable because we were with my cousins and nephew and nieces. We had a great time because it was between summer and the rainy season. Drizzling yes (but no problem) and very cool walking around. Ohhh Baguio!
Now that we are in the UAE, traveling anywhere is easy. We are in the Middle East remember? We initially planned to go to Italy this August because we had a an aunt there who can easily show us around. Unfortunately, hubby had a hard time getting a break for our visa application because work is outside UAE. Upon our inquiry, visa takes at least ten days processing. "Hubby, can you leave your passport in the embassy and travel with just a photocopy passport?" :( Heartbroken indeed.
Now where do we go? For the next three years, we can just go to visa free countries. I have to admit, for a while I was really disappointed. But upon reflection, I realized how ungrateful I have become. Instead of being thankful for all the opportunities and blessings that we have, I chose to sulk and complain. Instead of waiting for the that perfect time, I was insisting to do it my way.
I was wrong. So wrong. Tsk... tsk... tsk...
So next week on Eid Holiday we are going to a beautiful country closer to home. Final preps of clothes and itineraries this week and we are ready to go on a week long vacation (yahooo!)
Number 1 on my list: Comfy shoes for an all day walking.
It will be quite a long haul and we are traveling economy, so i started to condition the minds of my little companions that it wont be as cozy, homey, and spacious as that of business class but we will get by definitely. They said "It's fine". Good. Bon Voyage to us.
Oh by the way, finally I made a decent baked mac. I didn't mess up with the cheese this time but there was still a confusion along the way when I was making the cheese/milk mixture. It came out a "little bready" but taste got a passing mark. :)
beside it is a Betty Crocker cake mix. Baking is still instant because
I have yet to buy those basic baking equipment :)
Today is a Sunday and its laundry day. Time out for the meantime!
God Bless everyone!


speaking of italy and baked mac - sana magkasabay kami ng bakasyon sa pinas ng pinsan ko nasa italy - sarap nilang magluto ng baked mac - galing pa dun mga ingredients! kakagutom tuloy hehehe..tagal kasi ng "fasting" dito this month hahaha!
ReplyDeletehaha. galing ng connect mo! uu nga, may mga adjustment din nga pag ramadan. di makalabas pag araw dahil gutom ang aabutin :( tanungin mo nga ang cheese na gamit nun pinsan mo. baka meron dito. mangongopya eh.
ReplyDeletesige po ask ko minsan sa fb nya...baka attend kami ng Iftar maya sa Dammam palace hotel invitation from the company..matingnan kung anong meron hehehe..
ReplyDeletewow! I WOULD love to experience iftar. really. you are lucky indeed!
ReplyDelete