This morning I woke up to the loud whispers of my three roommates. I was wondering what time it was because they seemed to be already in high spirits arguing about what Eastern time meant in minecraft updates. Everything about this minecraft was greek to me so I didn't bother to butt in. I checked the time and whoa! it's past 8. This black out curtain really blocked every single rays of the mighty sun because it's still absolutely dark and cold in our room.
Thinking of breakfast made me suddenly crave for seafood pasta. This is my 5th day of no rice diet so that explained probably why I wanted that carbohydrate laden pasta. I went down to check what ingredients I had in my fridge and cupboard. I found 5 small size left over prawn in the freezer (maybe one week old lol). I had cherry tomatoes and a block of untouched parmesan cheese (grating it was not a problem to me). Of course I didn't have fresh basil and parsley so I just had to be contented with my dried herbs in the bottle.
I surfed the net to check recipe using my ingredients but frustratingly, I found none that fit into a T. But I proceeded anyway. Just do the basics, that's always my guiding principle. I took my cue from my former officemate, Inday (Sheila) who always encouraged me to make my own healthy pasta by just using olive oil, fresh tomatoes, century tuna, black olives, salt and pepper.
So our breakfast at 9:am? Cereals (Nesquick Duo and milk) for Anjo and Abi, steam rice and fish fillet for the teenager DJ and DIY shrimp pasta for me.
Because my craving was so great, it tasted so heavenly for me.
Have a fun filled day everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment