Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Just the two of us

Come this September we are going to have an addition to the household - we are employing a housemaid basically to help me out with the chores. Actually and truthfully I don't need one. I singlehandedly took care of the house, the three children and a shih tzu for nine months back in the Philippines and I think I did quite well, except that my dog was always in the vet clinic (too much love, I guess).


However eventually, I decided to get the services of an "iron lady" when I noticed that ironing that mountain of clothes every weekend was already robbing us of an enjoyable family time. 

So why hire at this point where in fact household chores are a lot easier nowadays because of the dishwasher, floor polisher, gardener etc etc, plus I don't have to drive any of my children to school because I lack the license here. Ask my husband why and his reply would be: For my wife to have someone to talk to the whole day while the children are in school :) Mahal,bili mo na lang kaya ako ng parrot tapos ibigay mo sa akin un salary nya?



Anyway, the real reason why we are employing one is because most of the time hubby is out of Dubai during the weekdays. There were times back then in the Phils. when I would wake up in the morning feeling sick, feverish, with aching muscles all over my body and so dead tired to get up from the bed. We were just so lucky that hubby was in good grace to be with an understanding boss that he could always asked for a time off to substitute for me. Here, I worry about the unexpected and unwanted days. I just want to make sure my kids will go to school well fed even if I have to stay in bed. 

Another reason why I also insisted getting one is because I would like to bring our "just the two of us" back to our lives.When I was still working, we had time to have dinner regularly either in our favorite Contis or a newly discovered restaurants. We shopped and window shopped, we had scheduled body massage, we went to places without worrying much of the kids we left behind in the house.
                                                          (http://meanttobehappy.com)

When I sent the nannies home for good, we also bade goodbye to alone time. And here in Dubai, going out for grocery was always in a haste, with my mind always worrying what the children might be doing while we are away. And yes, we haven't tried any of the fine dining restaurants here in Dubai, it was always "fast food" and most of the time take away (take out).

I have read that date nights with your husband/wife is one of the best ways to keep the love alive. True. Date nights allow us to talk to each other face to face while enjoying what we both love to do - Eating. Dahil walang distractions, naaalala namin ang mga bagay na laging nalilimutan sabihin because we are so occupied with a lot of things in our mind.

So needless to say, I am excited this September. I am excited to explore Dubai on quiet evenings with my husband. I am praying that she will come as scheduled and everything will be smooth sailing with her documents, terms of employment and her permit to work.

But for now, I am enjoying my children 24/7

and when they are busy with their own minecraft businesses, I entertain myself by planning a nice family vacation somewhere, sometime :)

No comments:

Post a Comment