Learn and Enjoy!
That's how I would sum up our Singapore trip. It was not really a vacation, you know like the R&R that we'd usually imagine. We were literally tired every single day. Vacation in Singapore means walking and walking but it was worth it.
Let's start with our EAT journey
Part of our itinerary was to eat Singapore foods.
I singled out two recommendations and made sure we tried visiting these places.
I singled out two recommendations and made sure we tried visiting these places.
This is Wild Honey. It looked high end. Sosyal. It's inside a mall in Orchard Road. Pancakes, coffee, bacon, sausage, french toasts. Ambiance was good but foods were just ordinary.
Singapore Food Trail. This was in Singapore Flyer. In every food trail you'd find old (authentic) recipe of Chinese foods, Indian food and street foods. Hainanese Chicken Rice, Noodles, dimsum, etc etc. I wish I explored more but I was too tired to go around.
This was how a food trail (Singapore Flyer) looked like. "Food court" kung baga.
We stayed in a hotel very near the old Bugis Village and there they had a food trail too. I wasn't able to take pictures but it was more traditional and more crowded. But clean!
If I had to recommend a must go place for authentic Singapore dining, try their Food Trail.
Of course, trip to Singapore wont be complete if we won't visit their Jollibee. Oh how we miss their burger steak and spaghetti.
We also had the chance to eat along Clark Quay (beside the river, near Fullerton Hotel) and we tremendously enjoyed their garlic and pepper crab. Definitely a must try.
My cousin Shiva and her husband also brought us to a Chinese restaurant and there we had a delicious Chili Crab. awwww! Happiness. Good food, good company!
PRAY
Well, we didn't actually pray, but this was a dream came true for me, to bring my children to a Buddhist temple. We were not able to go inside because when we arrived that week, there was a festival and Bugis St.was so busy and we felt like we were the only Christian people walking. But instead of chaos, I felt we were in the right place in the right time. I imagined getting the positive energy of the place.
We felt awkward taking pictures because everyone was praying. Look at the woman facing us, she was holding incense sticks while praying and seemed oblivious of the crowd.There was a Khrishna temple at the far end, I just couldn't find my photo of it.
LOVE
Family travel makes every member closer and more familiar with each other. We learned to be more sensitive to one's feelings and needs.
Cable car going to Sentosa Island. Love is in the air.
Cloud forest. Cold and mist. Singapore is a highly urbanized city state but they have a lot of nature parks and you'd see greens everywhere.
Abi is temperamental esp.when tired and hungry. So we had to seize the opportunity that he was in his right spirit.
Singapore by night.Amazing view.Love love love in Singapore Flyer.
LEARN
I read in one blog that when one travels, visit to museums is a must esp. if there are children. We have two museums in our list but we got to see only one. Exhaustion and time constraint.
i told them that now museums may be boring but later on when they look back they will appreciate the learning they had from museum visits.
Travel to Singapore wont be complete without seeing their Zoo. We also went to Night Safari and Bird's Park.
Polar bear. I might bore you with pictures of the birds and the bees but I would suggest that when you travel with kids to Singapore, go to their Zoo, Night Safari, River Safari and Bird's Park. Great learning.
ENJOY
where else but in USS!
Queues were long so better get their express pass. we were able to go to the three major attractions of the USS: Transformers (2x), Mummy & Lost World.
If you are in Singapore and you still have time to go to Legoland Malaysia, by all means Go! But I cannot promise you enjoyment because to be honest, our Enchanted Kingdom is far better than Legoland Malaysia. But for the sake of deleting items in your bucket list, then hop in the bus and experience Malaysia (kahit sa Legoland lang)
Our itinerary was full to the hilt. Nights ended at 11:00 and days usually started at 9:00. We didn't have time to adjust our body clock because we had a schedule to follow. Good thing their train was super efficient. We arrived on every destinations on time. Expect to spend a lot of money in Singapore. Forget about the exchange rates and just enjoy.
We scrimped by flying economy and we chose to stay in an inexpensive hotel. Ibis rooms may be small but they were clean and comfortable. They had connecting rooms which were really family friendly. From our hotel, train was just walking distance; McDo was 24 hours; there was KFC nearby; 7-11 stores were all around and most importantly it was just a stone's throw from "pasalubong haven" - their Bugis Village.
This is it folks. Till my next post :)



.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)



.jpg)


yey hindi #chickensad sa SG hehehe..
ReplyDeletehahaha. parang chickenjoy na naman yata ngayon sa Pinas :)
ReplyDelete