Thursday, August 20, 2015

29 weeks

This morning was my appointment with my endocrinologist and I got a passing mark. You see, two weeks ago I was asked to test my blood sugar 4x a day and although the needle was so tiny, the frequency of getting blood sample was felt by all of my fingers except my thumb. May excuse letter ang thumb, ang kapal ng skin nya kasi, ha ha! So, this time the good news was I will just be required to test once, of course if I wanted to do more testing, that's  up to me. The good thing about having gestational diabetes is I am able to watch what I eat, thus my weight has also been put under control. And the baby's!

My OB Gyne explained to me that my GD was the reason why my tummy was so big during my 6th month. And I always felt stressed because it was tight all the time. Aside from eating a lot of sugary/starchy foods, I was also guilty of not hydrating myself enough which also elevated my GD. Now, I am slowly being educated on how to handle diabetes and after I give birth I still plan to continue and improve my diet plan. 

I am now on my 7th month, 29 weeks to be precise. 


However, during my last visit, I have been cautioned by my OB to listen to my body more at this point. There is still frequent tightness esp. when standing up or walking which is not normal. His request is for us to cross the 32nd week safely. But the goal is for me to go full term of course. Getting pregnant at my age is definitely challenging - the aches, the discomfort, house arrest, sleepless nights, skin patches etc. But I am sure there God has his own sweet reason why we were given this miracle of life.

I am looking forward to my 40th and to our Christmas with my baby peanut!


No comments:

Post a Comment