My life as parent in GEMS World Academy, my kids' current school has been upgraded. I can easily check their academics through my own account. I would know without sweat if they are able to submit their assignments/projects on time or if they are late late or if they don't submit at all. And most of all, I can track their progress on each subject without the need to talk or email their teachers. But based on my experience, their teachers are very accessible too. During the earlier part of the school year, I needed to communicate with DJ's teachers a lot of times and not even once did anyone fail/ ignore me. They were helpful, encouraging and optimistic.
Anyway, we call this access ManageBac. Parents have their own Managebac account and students have their own too. For Middle School, all their homework, projects etc are accessible through Managebac using various applications. That's only how far I could explain it. Oh :(
So, I'd like to share how my being a parent has become easier when it comes to monitoring my kids in school.
This is the "first page" that serves as a "menu" for me.
This the page where I have a general view of what's going on with my Grade 5 on the current term.
Next year, Anjo and Abi are going to be in the Middle Year Program, so nowadays they are already "practicing" how it is to be Grade 6, and how not be "kids" anymore.
This is where I would see emails from the teachers. This also serves as a reminder, advisory of the current lessons and future activities. This is DJ's.
This is the Attendance page. If there is a late remark, the parent will be advised to confirm if the student has reason to be late or if indeed he was really late or just a system error.
This is the academic page. To see the evaluation and progress grades, I just need to expand each subject. When I need to call their attention, I use the exact words written on this page. So I would sound credible.
This is the monthly calendar. I use this to remind them if a major assignment, projects, recitations, exams are coming up.
Evaluation reports (grades) are sent to parents every term. Nothing escapes.
The most amazing part of this which unfortunately I don't have access with is the "cafeteria expenses" (the non techie me doesn't care to visit it). It's my husband's duty to top up their ID's with loads and every time he does it, he also checks the foods that they usually buy. There was a time when he discovered Abi spent meals for two during lunch. Nanlibre pala because he didn't know his Papa had access to his expenses. He was lost for words when he was asked. Hahahaha. Poor little boy.
Times have changed and life, to a certain degree, has become easier.
And I am grateful.
Have an enjoyable week ahead!






No comments:
Post a Comment