but it's a different story when my roommate comes in the evening :)
But can you see how plain our table is? In fact only tables are allowed inside our room. Even if we have a space for a TV set, we preferred not to have one. Bedroom is for quieting your soul and your mind.
Our side tables.
Dar's side.
Mine.

I don't know with my "bedmate", but these two books are taking me forever to finish.
Our other space.
This is a walk in closet right? The reason why our bedroom looks neat is because of this space. Inside these cabinets are the files, documents and books of my husband.
This also serves as the extension of my shoe cabinet. I hate this place, though. It reminds me of something I hate to do - diet.
It's a different mood in our children's rooms.
Just like in Laguna, Abi and DJ share one bedroom.
This is Abi's study table
Our bookshelf in the family room is already full so I told them to take out their most favorite books and use the space in their study table. These are Abi's "favorites" with an unwritten rule "Do not touch".
Abi and Anjo don't have school books, that's what we were told. No notebooks too. And we were not even required to buy writing instruments. When I look into their bags, it's only their sweater and their baseball caps. I wonder what they do in school.
That's why their study table looks organized until they go to bed :)
This is DJ's.
At night, it's just his laptop and nothing else. In their school, a lot of activities and assignments happen in their laptop. We didn't buy notebook and there were no books too. Only ballpens/pencils were asked from the parents.
This space belongs to Anjo. Obviously.
A sucker for anything pink and purple. In her drawers are her art materials for her hobby. She is the very opposite of me - she is artsy, crafty and everything that is not me. Except reading.
We warned her we couldn't put a lot of stuff on the wall because it will be doubly hard for us to clean the house when the time comes. That explains why her wall is almost bare. Actually, only this room has something on the wall. The rest of the house are just walls, no pictures, no painting or whatsoever.
I am glad I am raising a "reading generation". Although Anjo is more into the creative side, she has her own book collection and she is keeping some of them in her closet. She didn't like to crowd her study, that's what she told me.
We are blessed to have been given this chance to live in a house with some space for our "little comfort and enjoyment", although I still love to imagine how it is to live in "huge villas" that look like an office building already. Whenever I am on the road, I am always in awe because of the sight of those magnificent villas. I never get tired staring at them. And I am just so happy that way.
Till next post!








No comments:
Post a Comment