Thursday, April 17, 2014

now i know

Really. desperation can lead to survival.
The coffee maker has long been staring at me since our arrival in this hotel. But I insisted on buying Nescafe3in1 Latte and Cappuccino. That's happiness already for me.
But today, I decided to change the course of my morning by trying to make my own latte (there is another option, espresso). People who know me well are aware that I am afraid of technology. I am an old school through and through. In fact, hubby wants to buy me an S5 but I kept on convincing him that I don't need it. Buy me shoes instead! :) He looked not convinced with my bargain so I fired my deadly shot "Just because you have means to buy eh you have to buy." I think that closes the deal. :) I hope.
But that's true, especially for an OFW (like us, well sort of), there is an impression (or illusion) of a super magnified power of our money and the tendency is to buy things we don't actually need (and we then create the necessity later). I am not into gadget ever since so why indulge myself in it? I like to have a Prada bag (bad?) so I am setting my mind and my heart into it. Maybe not now. But who knows? 

Anyway, back to the coffee maker. :) This morning I conquered my fear. In my mind "If I don't try this now, I have no coffee today". That would be unimaginable! So I made pindot pindot and Voila! Success!
Well, what doesn't kill you won't harm you. This is it.


Now, hubby has something to worry about. When we leave this hotel, he has to buy our own coffee maker AND my requirement is that it has to have cappuccino also. :)
Happy Vacation folks! We visited 14 churches last year in Mindoro, and I am missing it today. :(
God Bless everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment