Tuesday, August 27, 2013

staying calm despite...



(so lovely photo from the web)

I am sitting in the midst of a still chaotic house. Everybody has left, and once again after one week of having a full house, I am all alone. I just came from a bad flu, and fortunately it was during the no classes days. But I am getting better. 

It's been more than a month and I began complaining about a lot of things here which I didn't mind naman when I was still working. I feel I needed a bigger refrigerator because I want my supplies to be compartmentalized, I want our floor tiles to be replaced soon with wood planks, I am wishing for a clothes dryer (our 12 year old washing machine is still as reliable as ever, but it only spin dries) and I am dreaming of a new oven (our more than a decade old La Germania can only cook us meals and that's it), I want to tear down our cupboard and do some renovations in our service area/dining room, etc etc. 

But I know that I have to stay put until we have determined our "future". We might find ourselves in a different continent in the middle of 2014 and any make overs or major purchases must be done or decided when everything has become definite. At this point we cannot afford to splurge into any impulsive decisions.

So between now and next year, I have to pacify myself and to just make do of what we have.

I began my day  at 4:00 am but as I write there are dirty plates still flatly lying on the sink, there are unmade beds tempting me to go back to dreamland, and not to mention our dirty bathrooms, soiled clothes and rugs. I can't finish them all because at 10:00 I needed to pick up DJ from school. Oh!the chores never end. And one more, I realized I needed to bring Sarah to the Vet because of her dark stool yesterday and this morning. My readings say there might be some bleeding in her intestines. 

On a full day like today, I always remind myself of Mai and her advice: "Isa isa lang. Dont do everything in one day. If you are tired, rest". Thanks Mai. :) That would last me for today. Tomorrow is another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment