While waiting for my laundry to finish (imagine my mound of soiled clothes as a result of the no sunshine days), I thought of doing something that i loved when I was a kid. I remember asking from my father P20.00 to buy pandesal. I would then make a simple bread pudding just by adding milk and sugar, then steam and in the afternoon my playmates and I would be in heaven eating my pudding. Of course, though I couldn't remember how I learned making pudding, I am sure I saw it from my mother.
It's the easiest and most inexpensive snacks you can do while doing nothing :). I checked Tina's site (http://www.pinaycookingcorner.com) to see other enhancing ingredients. From my original recipe (naks! recipe agad!) I added vanilla extract, butter and raisins.I also added eggs. And Voila! Bread Pudding!
It's obvious that I am not into baking. See my leche flan llanera? hehehehe.
My Abi kept on going up and down to check if it's cooked. So when I announced that it's done, he hurriedly sat down and waited to be served. He liked it and had two servings (or was he just being nice to Mama?)
The verdict? It needs to be sweeten a little more. Ok. Next time.:)
Oh also, I think it's yummier if it's baked but since our oven is already a decade old and almost unused, I don't think I could entrust my dear life to her.


No comments:
Post a Comment