Unfortunately, the evening was not the way we expected it to be and yes hubby was not amuse (read: bad trip). Nevertheless, it's for free naman and was given out of kindness so the least that I could do was to be grateful despite. :)
Can I share to you the note that I gave to our VP as a sign of my appreciation?
Dear Mr. Hwang,
"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted" (Aesop)
Thank you for the kind gesture.
Happy Valentine's day to you.
Anyhow, Valentine's Day was just any other ordinary day for us. It was never big for me, ever since. Probably because I am not the senti type or the chocolates and flower kind of girl. I would prefer that we do something different on Valentine, instead of splurging on roses, tulips or arranging an expensive romantic dinner in a fancy restaurant or in a five star hotel.
if you would ask me, I'd rather go on a long drive, let's say go up north - Vigan, anyone? Or we could explore a place like Binondo/ China town and eat authentic Chinese foods. I would also love to visit antique shops (like in Makati and Sampaloc) - marveling on those old but immaculate plates with intricate and complicated designs like these (www.daphne.ph)
(from http://www.curioussetting.com)
or admiring those aging but still elegant lamps,chairs,candelabras and chandeliers.
(from http://realrica.com)
(http://www.curioussetting.com)
If only I had a big house where I could beautifully design with those stuff from the past.
Do I hear my husband's silent protest on this? :)
But hubby wont say no if I put paintings on display. paintings are our secret dream. so art museums are also on my Valentine wishlist.
maybe one day we could have...
maybe one day we could have...
a Malang?
or a Bencab?
or mother and daughter.
(from www.oceansbridge.uk.co)
There is no greater love than the love of a mom for her children. And I am amazed.
This is it.
Are my wishes misplaced?
No comments:
Post a Comment