Tuesday, November 6, 2012

goodbye vase

Yesterday when I got home, I received a text message from DJ.

Kuya:    Mama, the vase is broken.
Me:       what vase? the nice one?



                   (good thing I still have a photo of that vase in my phone)

Kuya: Yes.
Me:    (died)
Me:    who broke it?
Kuya: I did accidentally.

(the he explained to me what they were doing in the house)

Me:    (good kid. it was easy for him to admit mistakes without offering excuses)

Me:    oh Kuya, but that was a gift! but thank you for admitting your mistake, but can't you say  
           sorry to  me?
Kuya: Sorry Mama.
Me:    Ok.

End of the drama.

But it really broke my heart when i heard what happened to the vase. it was a souvenir from a previous, previous, previous Plant Manager.Now I could understand why i am sometimes asked if I spank my children when they break something precious in the house.

So I did some reflection before going to sleep.

If I was there last night, would I spank DJ?
No, because if I spank, then I wont be able to differentiate anymore to him what act is punishable and what is not punishable.The act was clearly not deliberate. It would have been different if DJ threw it out of anger or naughtiness.

oh well, there is nothing much left to me now but to scout for a possible replacement. :( sniff...sniff...sniff...

No comments:

Post a Comment