Summer this year will be mostly staycation because we need to save money for Kuya's school expenses. When you are just home the tendency is to look for something to be busied with.
DIY project
Instead of being restless due to the very hot weather, we decided to make some sprucing of our "bahay kubo". Hubby repainted and made our grills "glossier". He used paint for the car. sosyal ang grills!
I was there watching him... but dozed off after lunch.
It looked easy at first, but because of the details it took him more than half a day to finish the job. But hubby was proud of it.
I love how it came out. smooth to touch and looks a lot whiter and shinier.
Make it brighter. Our living room
The study table that used to be at the center will be back this June, so for the meantime let this receiving area be a receiving area even for two months.
I badly wanted to put that TV set out but I heard an objection--- Ma, it's for Xbox! Owkayyyy. Sustained.
Gingerbread man had to be relocated too. I know it's out of place, but where do we put him? Definitely not in our waste bin. Aside from Sarah, Gingerbread man has become a permanent and well loved fixture in our house. My angels call him "si SPEX". :)
I always imagine having a nice red fluffy carpet here, but Sarah is a spoiler because she loves to pee in the living room when she is downstairs. When she is upstairs though, she does her thing in the comfort room. what's the difference Sarah?
Flower arrangement from SM Homeworld
I really wanted fresh flowers in the house, but I have to put that on hold until I have the time to manage my house full time. SM did a good job for me. The arrangement looks nice and just perfect for summer. Hubby: huh?Pang summer lang ba yan?
Pillows to hug
our pillow cases also had a make over. now, they look dainty. it's paired with our new table cloth.
Our dining.
to complete the "summery" atmosphere, we felt we needed to make changes in our dining table too. Summer is indeed an excuse to buy this table cloth. I saw it last Christmas in our favorite "vintage" store, but I found it expensive then, so i chose to go to SM instead.
For our table napkins Gourdos is the place to be!
Since summer spells colors, we got these cool green
and Cuteeee Pink table napkins
Oh wait, when I went upstairs, I saw our angel doing some make over in Anjo's room. Aha! nakiuso!
Rialyn, san mo kinalkal itong dragon na scarf na ito? hahaha! ang baduy.
Ano namang art ang meron dito Rialyn? lol!
Syempre, para sa isang nakakapagod pero masayang araw kelangang kumain naman kami. I checked my cupboard and I found pasta and sauce (Christmas giveaways).
sweet banana from the market. hehehe
our next project is our bedroom. but that would have to wait for two or more years. that's major major.
beat the heat and be happy! thanks for reading.














No comments:
Post a Comment